Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- EU Desirous to Support Ethiopia in Fighting Human Trafficking: European Commission Official
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 69 | 25 November - 9 December 2018
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
7 March 2018
A few days ago, we celebrated the centenary year of Nelson Mandela’s birth. We spoke of his example; his fortitude, his suffering and compassion, while recalling also the declaration that he and my predecessor Mary Robinson signed in 2000 on diversity and tolerance.
The map below shows asylum applications by under age 18 year olds and gender. Darker colours mean more people have applied in a certain country. Use the slider to select a year or the drop down menus below to display data for different age groups or different home countries.
Assisted Voluntary Returns Peaked at 70,000 in 2015: IOM
Switzerland - IOM assisted 69,540 migrants from 97 host and/or transit countries and 156 countries of origin in 2015, as part of its Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) programmes, according to the newly-released AVRR 2015 Key Highlights report.
The global terrorist threat continued to evolve rapidly in 2015, becoming increasingly decentralized and diffuse. Terrorist groups continued to exploit an absence of credible and effective state institutions, where avenues for free and peaceful expression of opinion were blocked, justice systems lacked credibility, and where security force abuses and government corruption went unchecked.
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
BEIJING, 13 May 2014 – China has signaled its support for stronger international cooperation to prevent and reduce the impact of disasters as momentum builds to develop the Post-2015 Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction.
The Deputy Minister of Civil Affairs in China, Ms. Jiang Li, welcomed 300 disaster policymakers, experts and managers to the 5th National Forum on Comprehensive Disaster Risk Reduction and Sustainable Development, in Beijing, which highlighted the need to strengthen integrated governance and international financing mechanisms for disaster risk reduction.
Release of the 2011-12 Annual Review of Aid Effectiveness
The inaugural Annual Review of Aid Effectiveness was released today by Foreign Minister Bob Carr. This new and important document is part of a suite of reforms flowing from the 2011 Independent Review of Aid Effectiveness. Its purpose is to inform Cabinet discussion of the four-year budget strategy outlined in the Comprehensive Aid Policy Framework and report on the aid program’s performance against the Framework.