Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Countries from IGAD team up to end polio: The three Ministers of Health jointly launch to vaccinate about six million under-five children
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
Director-General of the UN Office in Geneva,
Colleagues and friends,
It is an honour to be called to this mandate, to assist States to uphold the human rights of their people, in this year in which we celebrate the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
The global terrorist threat continued to evolve rapidly in 2015, becoming increasingly decentralized and diffuse. Terrorist groups continued to exploit an absence of credible and effective state institutions, where avenues for free and peaceful expression of opinion were blocked, justice systems lacked credibility, and where security force abuses and government corruption went unchecked.
KENYA - Initiatives begin to enhance the resilience of communities to cope with drought in Northern Kenya.
KENYA - IOM, UNHCR continue with construction of transitional shelters
ETHIOPIA - IOM Commences on Initial Construction of Transitional Shelters in Melkadida Refugee Camp
ETHIOPIA– IOM Disburses Cash Grants to over 1,000 Beneficiaries in Ethiopia
ETHIOPIA – IOM has transported 90,381 refugees in Ethiopia as of 28 July 2012.