Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- UN Entities Support Ethiopia’s Quest for Policy Coherence for SDGs
- Ethiopia: 3W - Agriculture Cluster Ongoing Activities Map (as of November 2018)
- Ethiopia: 3W - WASH Cluster Ongoing and Planned Activities map (as of November 2018)
In the Armenian village of Aragatsavan, residents had struggled for more than two decades to secure clean drinking water.
The community’s Soviet-era reservoir was contaminated, and leaked more than 70 tons of water a day. It was limiting access to water for 5,600 residents; 120 families had no water at all.
During a town hall meeting facilitated by Counterpart International, the community agreed it had to take action.
A summary of news and reports from the field staff and interns of GHNI, Geneva Switzerland.
Through the generous gift from a donor, GHNI was able to distribute winter food aid to 117 families in the Yakawlang region. The communities in this region experienced a summer drought in 2011 which limited the wheat harvested in the autumn. Each family received 9 liters of cooking oil, 25 kg of rice and 50 kg of flour. The distribution was done with the blessing of the Governor of Yakawlang, with whom GHNI has a very good relationship.
This bulletin provides information on price changes for the most commonly consumed staples and the potential impacts of these changes on the cost of the food basket. Staples contribute 40 - 80% of energy intake for the most vulnerable population groups in developing countries. Therefore, even a small increase in staple food prices has a high impact on overall food consumption, especially when the food basket is composed of very few staples.
The bulletin covers 60 countries over the period July to September 2009 .
This bulletin provides information on price changes of the most commonly consumed staples and potential impacts on the cost of a food basket. Staples contribute 40 - 80% of energy intake for most vulnerable population groups in developing countries.
La donación española de 29 millones de euros a Gavi Alliance contribuirá a acelerar las iniciativas en materia de vacunación en 72 de los países más pobres del mundo.
Esta mañana se han reunido en la sede de la AECID la Secretaria de Estado de Cooperación Internacional, Soraya Rodríguez y la Directora de la AECID, Elena Madrazo con el Secretario Ejecutivo de GAVI, Dr.
Part I: Operational Requirements and Shortfalls
Overview of the 2007 Programme of Work
As the end of 2007 nears, the number of people the World Food Programme is seeking to support has risen to 83 million. The amount of food assistance required to assist these people is valued at US$3.4 billion. Considering resources mobilized thus far in 2007, the current level of funding falls short by some US$653 million.
Additional resources amounting to approximately US$800 million are required before the end of 2007 to ensure uninterrupted food aid deliveries for ongoing activities.
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.
The World Food Programme wishes to thank donors for their continued generosity. This year donors have contributed over US $ 1.3 billion, and WFP has used these resources to mobilise over 3.1 million tons of food aid distributed to needy people.
This report includes: (A) Asia Floods: Cambodia, Vietnam and Bangladesh (B) West and Central Asia Drought: Afghanistan, Pakistan, Georgia and Armenia (C) DPR Korea (D) Latin America: Nicaragua and Honduras (E) Horn of Africa Drought: Kenya, Ethiopia and Eritrea (F) Mozambique (G) Sierra Leone (H) Angola (I) Balkans: FR Yugoslavia: Kosovo, Serbia, Montenegro, FYRo Macedonia, Albania.