Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- EU Desirous to Support Ethiopia in Fighting Human Trafficking: European Commission Official
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 69 | 25 November - 9 December 2018
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
This bulletin provides information on price changes for the most commonly consumed staples and the potential impacts of these changes on the cost of the food basket. Staples contribute 40 - 80% of energy intake for the most vulnerable population groups in developing countries. Therefore, even a small increase in staple food prices has a high impact on overall food consumption, especially when the food basket is composed of very few staples.
The bulletin covers 60 countries over the period July to September 2009 .
El estado de la inseguridad alimentaria en el mundo 2009 es el 10.=BA informe de situación de la FAO sobre el hambre en el mundo desde la Cumbre Mundial sobre la Alimentación (CMA) de 1996. En el informe se destaca el hecho de que, incluso antes de que se produjeran la crisis alimentaria y la crisis económica, el n=FAmero de personas que padecían hambre había aumentado lenta pero constantemente.
Sixty-fourth General Assembly
16th & 17th Meetings (AM & PM)
Hears from Some 55 More Speakers, as Three-Day Debate on Promotion, Protection of the Rights of the Child Concludes
Capping its three-day discussion on the promotion and protection of the rights of the child, members of the Third Committee (Social, Cultural and Humanitarian) discussed national programmes to nurture young citizens, saying the credibility of States "rested in their work for future generations".
This bulletin provides information on price changes of the most commonly consumed staples and potential impacts on the cost of a food basket. Staples contribute 40 - 80% of energy intake for most vulnerable population groups in developing countries.
BUREAU OF PUBLIC AFFAIRS
Office of the Spokesman
RESULTS AT A GLANCE, FY 2008
- The United States obligated more than $1 billion in support of water and sanitation
- More than $815 million was obligated to improve access to safe drinking water and sanitation and promote hygiene in 95 countries worldwide
- Investments in all water and sanitation activities in Sub-Saharan Africa reached more than $648 million
- USAID's drinking water and sanitation for 7.7 million and 6.3 million people, respectively
The Senator Paul Simon Water for the Poor Act of 2005 (the WfP Act) was signed into law on December …
ICRC News Release No. 09/109
Geneva (ICRC) - Millions of people affected by armed conflict have become more vulnerable because of the combined effects of war, natural disasters and continued high food prices, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) said today.
La donación española de 29 millones de euros a Gavi Alliance contribuirá a acelerar las iniciativas en materia de vacunación en 72 de los países más pobres del mundo.
Esta mañana se han reunido en la sede de la AECID la Secretaria de Estado de Cooperación Internacional, Soraya Rodríguez y la Directora de la AECID, Elena Madrazo con el Secretario Ejecutivo de GAVI, Dr.
Conseil de sécurité
6108e séance – matin & après-midi
Le Conseil de sécurité, au terme d'un débat qui a rassemblé aujourd'hui une quarantaine de pays, a souligné l'importance des initiatives prises par le Secrétaire général, M. Ban Ki-moon, pour « promouvoir la médiation et régler pacifiquement les différends ».
2 APRIL 2009 | BEIJING - Health ministers from countries with the greatest burdens of drug-resistant tuberculosis (TB) have agreed to a series of actions to accelerate efforts to halt and reverse the global epidemic of the disease.
Global leaders, including WHO Director-General Dr Margaret Chan and the Co-Chair of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Mr Bill Gates, were joined by the Vice Premier of the People's Republic of China, Mr Li Keqiang, and ministers and high-level representatives of 27 countries with high burden, at a three-day meeting organized by WHO.
HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL