Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Briefing note: Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF) Ethiopia (August 2018)
24 May 2010 03:56:21 GMT
* New method shows 800,000 fewer deaths than UNICEF
* Same team reported on adult mortality last month
* Team says method more complete and accurate
By Maggie Fox, Health and Science Editor
WASHINGTON, May 23 (Reuters) - Fewer children are dying around the world, with deaths among children under 5 falling in almost every country, U.S.
By Peter Apps
LONDON, Sept 4 (Reuters) - New violence in central Africa is raising food aid needs, aid workers say, while the effects of drought are becoming more severe in the continent's south.
Drought and fighting have increased the number of people needing food assistance in Somalia to more than a million and some local surveys suggest attacks on aid convoys in Sudan's Darfur are pushing many into acute malnutrition.
Fighting has flared in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo in recent months, with troops clashing with fighters loyal to a dissident ethnic Tutsi …
By Gordon Bell
CAPE TOWN, Nov 9 (Reuters) - Immediate steps are needed to avert a potential catastrophe as climate change dries up water resources in drought affected areas, hitting poor farmers, a United Nations report said on Thursday.
The vast majority of the world's malnourished people, estimated at about 830 million people, are small farmers, herders and farm labourers, pointing to devastating effects from global warning and requiring a tripling of yearly farming aid to poor countries.
"Climate change threatens to intensify water insecurity on an unparalleled …
LONDON, March 7 (Reuters) - Hunger and starvation among African children could be eliminated for $5 billion, the head of the World Food Programme (WFP) said on Tuesday.
WASHINGTON, Feb 13 (Reuters) - African countries facing severe food shortages will get additional food aid from the United States, but less than half of what was originally sought in Congress and what aid groups say is needed.