Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Countries from IGAD team up to end polio: The three Ministers of Health jointly launch to vaccinate about six million under-five children
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
This report covers the period 1 January to 30 June 2009
Programme purpose: In support of Global Agenda Goal 2, and Millennium Development Goal 4, liaise with global immunization partners to ensure the continued involvement of the International Federation and Red Cross Red Crescent National Societies in measles and polio supplementary immunization activities (SIAs) to increase uptake of services during both mass vaccination campaigns and routine immunization services and reduce global measles and polio-related morbidity and mortality.
- During the …
Investing in long-term food security projects in Africa is key to fight some of the root causes of hunger and malnutrition, says the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies as it launches a new five-year strategy to scale up food security programmes in 15 African countries. The new plan, announced today in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, will be financed through an appeal for 45 million Swiss francs (US$ 43.5 million / € 28.5 million) over the next five years.
L'investissement à long terme dans des projets de sécurité alimentaire en Afrique est crucial pour traiter certaines des causes profondes de la faim et de la malnutrition, affirme la Fédération internationale des Sociétés de la Croix-Rouge et du Croissant-Rouge qui lance une nouvelle stratégie quinquennale en vue de renforcer les programmes de sécurité alimentaire dans quinze pays du continent.
The Federation's mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity. It is the world's largest humanitarian organization and its millions of volunteers are active in 178 countries. For more information: www.ifrc.org
This Programme Update is intended for reporting on Annual Appeals.
Appeal Target (revised): CHF 3,500,000 (USD 2.2 million or EUR 2.4 million)
Period covered: January - March 2002; Next report expected in July
"At a Glance"
Appeal coverage: 35%
Outstanding needs: CHF 2.27 million (USD 1.4m/ EUR 1.56)