Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- UNHCR Ethiopia Fact Sheet September 2018
1. COMESA's strategic agricultural goal is to achieve improved regional food security in the COMESA region with Member States recognizing that attaining food security is not possible without achieving agriculture sector competitiveness. The specific project development objective of the proposed CAADP - Child Trust Fund (CTF) is improved strategic planning and implementation of agricultural investments at the national and regional levels.
NAIROBI/ HARARE, 18 June 2010 - A steep increase in cases of measles in Eastern and Southern Africa has put recent gains in reducing mortality due to this highly contagious disease at risk of being reversed.
As of mid-June 2010, the outbreak has affected more than 47,907 children in 14 countries, resulting in 731 deaths. The most recent confirmed measles outbreaks were reported from Malawi, Mozambique and Zambia.
The measles control strategies being implemented in the region include: a first dose measles immunization through routine infant immunization programmes; a second …
Joint press release
NAIROBI, KENYA, 27, May 2010 - Government representatives from 20 African countries highly affected by HIV/AIDS gathered today in Nairobi to discuss ways to virtually eliminate mother-to-child transmission of HIV by 2015.
The three-day-consultation from 26 to 28 May is co-organized by the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria and UN agencies, including UNAIDS, UNICEF, UNFPA and WHO. Participants are exploring how to expand and strengthen services for pregnant women and increase treatment for infected mothers and children.
24 May 2010 03:56:21 GMT
* New method shows 800,000 fewer deaths than UNICEF
* Same team reported on adult mortality last month
* Team says method more complete and accurate
By Maggie Fox, Health and Science Editor
WASHINGTON, May 23 (Reuters) - Fewer children are dying around the world, with deaths among children under 5 falling in almost every country, U.S.
Infant and Young Child Feeding Practices - directly affect the nutritional status especially of children under two years of age and, ultimately, have an impact on child survival. Appropriate and timely support for infant and young child feeding (IYCF) practices in emergency situation can save life, ICYF practices have been investigated by ACF, UNICEF and UNHCR in Côte d'Ivoire, Uganda and Syria. The newly revised indicator list was applied by SC-UK in Afghanistan and in the Gaza strip of the occupied Palestinian territory.
NEW YORK - Beginning today, all medical treatment and medicines for pregnant women, lactating mothers and children under 5 will be provided free of charge in all government health facilities in Sierra Leone, currently one of the most dangerous places on earth to get pregnant.