Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- Countries from IGAD team up to end polio: The three Ministers of Health jointly launch to vaccinate about six million under-five children
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION,
Having regard to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
Having regard to Council Regulation (EC) No 1257/96 of 20 June 1996 concerning humanitarian aid1 , and in particular Article 2, Article 4 and Article 15(2) and (3) thereof,
Having regard to Council Decision 2013/755/EU of 25 November 2013 on the association of the overseas countries and territories with the European Union2 , and in particular Article 79 thereof,
United Nations increases health spending in 2013
COPENHAGEN, 10 July 2014 – The value of procurement of goods and services by the United Nations was $16.1 billion in 2013, with the largest sums spent on pharmaceuticals, healthcare services, medical equipment, transportation, construction and food.
These highlights are part of the latest Annual Statistical Report on UN Procurement, which provides data and analysis on the goods and services procured by the UN system in support of its operations.
Las adquisiciones de las Naciones Unidas alcanzan los 15.400 millones USD en 2012
COPENHAGUE – Las adquisiciones de bienes y servicios por parte de las Naciones Unidas alcanzaron los 15.400 millones USD en 2012. Las mayores sumas se destinaron a productos farmacéuticos, equipo médico, alimentos, transporte y construcción.
Les achats de l’ONU en 2012 se chiffrent à 15,4 milliards de dollars
COPENHAGUE – La valeur des biens et services achetés par les Nations Unies en 2012 se chiffre à 15,4 milliards de dollars, principalement dans les domaines pharmaceutique, médical, alimentaire, des transports et de la construction.
UN procurement at $15.4 billion in 2012
COPENHAGEN – The value of procurement of goods and services by the United Nations was $15.4 billion in 2012, with some of the largest sums spent on pharmaceuticals, medical equipment, food, transportation and construction.
The situation in Syria continues to revolve around insurgents and Government troops bitterly fighting for the control of the main accesses to the capital Damascus. Meanwhile, the conflict has also intensified around other urban centres such as Aleppo, Homs, Deir-ez-Zor and Idleb. As of 7 April, the overall number of Syrian refugees in the neighbouring countries continued to rise, reaching over 1.25 million people, according to the UNHCR.
COPENHAGEN – The value of procurement of goods and services by the United Nations was $14.3 billion in 2011, down slightly on the previous year.
Rome, February 2002, No. 1