Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- ECHO Factsheet – Ethiopia – Last updated 17/12/2018
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- EU steps up support for Ethiopia: emergency aid for refugees, internally displaced people and to tackle natural disasters
UNICEF launched in January 2005 its Humanitarian Action Report (HAR) in favour of 33 countries in crisis, including all CAP countries.
The following is an update on the funding situation in each of the HAR countries. The appeal figures are the original HAR appeals, and wherever the HAR appeal has been raised in light of an aggravating emergency situation or crisis, this has been noted in the text. The funding status (1) of these countries should then be seen in light of their increased humanitarian needs.
Eastern and Southern Africa
As G8 Prepare to Meet, UNICEF Urges Rich Nations to Increase Funding to Silent Emergencies
NEW YORK, 14 June 2005 - Midway through the year some of Africa's most intractable emergencies are seriously under funded.
GENEVA, 26 January 2005 - UNICEF
today appealed for more than $750 million to help millions of children
struggling to survive conflicts and other emergencies in countries around
the world, saying that the tsunami had shown that people care deeply about
children in desperate situations but are often not aware of them.