Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Mass Arrests, ‘Brainwashing’ Threaten Ethiopia’s Reform Agenda
- Plight of refugees in Ethiopia brought to the fore in UNFPA leadership visit
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
This chapter provides a summary of the general environment in which UNHCR is operating in Africa and the organization’s planned responses in 2015. Mention is made of the two major emergency situations in the Central African Republic and South Sudan which have affected operations in many neighbouring countries and will continue to have a significant impact on UNHCR’s work in 2015 and beyond.
Surveillance activities against the Influenza A H1N1 is still ongoing in all the AFRO countries. No confirmed case reported since the beginning of the outbreak. Five suspected cases are currently under investigation in three countries.
Les activités de surveillance contre la grippe A H1N1 continuent dans tous les pays AFRO. Pas de cas confirmés depuis le début de l'épidémie. Cinq cas suspects sont en cours d'investigation dans trois pays.
The humanitarian situation of about 1.6 million people displaced in the eastern DRC is still of high concern because despite ongoing diplomatic talks, fighting continues. Killing of civilians and recruitment of child soldiers are now reported by UN peacekeepers.
- CAR: High concern over security situation in many areas. An unidentified armed group attacked a village of Ouamba in the South-west. This situation led to population displacement not yet quantified.
La situation humanitaire des quelques 1,6 millions de personnes déplacées dans l'est de la RDC est toujours très préoccupante parce que, malgré le ballet diplomatique en cours, les combats continuent.
"A 2020 Vision for Food, Agriculture, and the Environment" is an initiative of the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) to develop a shared vision and consensus for action on how to meet future world food needs while reducing poverty and protecting the environment.
(Bamako, Mali: 14 February 2001) The International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL) today called on all countries of Africa to join, implement and comply with the international treaty banning antipersonnel mines (the 1997 Mine Ban Treaty) at the opening of a two-day regional governmental meeting on landmines in Bamako, Mali.