Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia, WB Sign 100 Mln USD Loan Agreement
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 68 | 11 - 25 November 2018
- Ethiopia: Displacement and Food Security, 28 November 2018
- Suppressed rains expected in Southern Africa during the next week. - Dry weather observed over the Greater Horn of Africa.
1) Frequent and above-average rainfall over the past several weeks has led to large moisture surpluses in northern Mozambique. During the next week, heavy rains are forecast to continue, which could trigger new flooding and exacerbate conditions on the ground.
1) Heavy downpours over the past few weeks have caused the overflowing of the Licungo River across the Zambezia province of northern Mozambique. The flooding has negatively affected the livelihoods of many residents of the Namacura and Maganja da Costa districts. Light rains are expected during the next week, which could sustain oversaturation and worsen conditions on the ground.
- Despite active tropical system activities over the Mozambique Channel during - - February, eastern southern Africa has continued to experience dryness.
- Heavy rainfall was observed across the Lake Victoria region and southern Ethiopia during the past week.
Each week, the World Health Organization Department for Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights on the health aspects of selected humanitarian crises. Drawing on the various WHO programmes, contributions cover activities from field and country offices and the support provided by WHO regional offices and Headquarters.