Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia, WB Sign 100 Mln USD Loan Agreement
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 68 | 11 - 25 November 2018
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
The number of confirmed cases of the pandemic Influenza A H1N1 is rapidly increasing in our Region. Since June 18th where the first case was confirmed, we have now 21 confirmed cases in 7 countries. AFRO is calling the member states to keep vigilance on surveillance and to continue updating their response plans. The Cholera outbreak in Zimbabwe is under control.
The Pandemic Inf A H1N1phase has been raised to 6 by WHO on the 11th of June 2009. Since June 18th 2009, a total of ten cases have been confirmed in five countries of African Region (Algeria, Cape Verde, Côte d'Ivoire, Ethiopia, South Africa). Effort to strengthen surveillance is ongoing. The Cholera outbreak in Zimbabwe is under control with areas of increased cases being investigated.
CAR: The growing violence in the Central African Republic is the concern of the UN and African Union (AU) .