Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- WFP Ethiopia: Food and Nutrition Assistance to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in East and West Hararghe zones - September 2018
THE ISSUE OF MENTAL HEALTH
The value of mental health in humanitarian settings is still underestimated. When War Trauma broaches the subject with our humanitarian partners we often find mental health comes as an afterthought. Even aft er twenty years, our task remains to convince aid workers and donors of the value of investing in a healthy mind in a healthy body.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Selon le chef du HCR, la communauté internationale abandonne des millions de réfugiés et de personnes déplacées internes à leur sort.
Par Jonathan Clayton
GENÈVE - Appelant à des efforts internationaux renouvelés pour prévenir et résoudre les conflits, le chef du HCR Filippo Grandi a déclaré aujourd’hui que la communauté internationale abandonnait des millions de réfugiés et de personnes déplacées internes à leur sort. Par ailleurs, il a exhorté un « monde en mutation rapide » à adopter une nouvelle approche en matière de protection et de solutions durables.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
A year ago, States gathered in New York to reaffirm the fundamental values of solidarity and protection for people forced into exile.
They agreed to share responsibility for embedding them in practical action.
And they decided to address and resolve refugee flows through a new model that places the rights, interests and potential of refugees and of their hosts at the heart of a comprehensive response.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Realising this ambition has never been more urgent.
Refugee emergency in Europe: UNHCR appeals for USD 128 million
The 2014 Annual report of the ICRC is an account of field activities conducted worldwide. Activities are part of the organization's mandate to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war, and to promote respect for international humanitarian law.
Facts and figures
26.2 million people had access to water and sanitation improved.
Read more on water and shelter.
9.12 million people were provided with basic aid such as food.
Read more on aid distribution.
Landmines, cluster munitions and other unexploded ordnance add threat to refugees fleeing Syria and worldwide says new Landmine and Cluster Munition briefing paper on World Refugee Day
(20 June 2013) On World Refugee Day the Nobel Prize winning International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL) and the Cluster Munition Coalition (CMC) is calling on states to eliminate the harrowing risks that refugees and asylum seekers face from landmines and unexploded ordnance. States must protect refugee victims and urgently respond to their needs.