Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia - Council conclusions (19 November 2018)
- World Vision East Africa Region Situation Report | October 1 - October 31, 2018
- President’s Malaria Initiative: Ethiopia - Malaria Operational Plan FY 2019
While there is room for disagreement about migration policy, the humanitarian imperative means that we must never needlessly sacrifice the survival and dignity of any vulnerable people, including migrants.
The 2014 Annual report of the ICRC is an account of field activities conducted worldwide. Activities are part of the organization's mandate to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war, and to promote respect for international humanitarian law.
Facts and figures
26.2 million people had access to water and sanitation improved.
Read more on water and shelter.
9.12 million people were provided with basic aid such as food.
Read more on aid distribution.
Annual Report for 2013: A strong response to complex crises
14-05-2014 News Release 14/81
The International Federation has joined forces with the United Nations Environment Programme in a bid to reduce the impact of natural disasters on the lives of millions of Africans.