Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Mass Arrests, ‘Brainwashing’ Threaten Ethiopia’s Reform Agenda
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: Agriculture Sector Monthly Gap Analysis - Agriculture Emergency Seed and Tools Intervention (October 2018)
- Ethiopia: Agriculture Sector HDRP Monthly Dashboard (October 2018)
Agile, resilient and sustainable supply chains for children
Improving accessibility, bridging financial gaps, generating savings and strengthening supply chains with governments
or 70 years, securing the health and wellbeing of children around the world has been at the heart of everything UNICEF says and does.
In Syria, violence is ongoing with government bombardments on Aleppo and infighting between rival rebel factions in Deir-ez-Zor and Al-Hasakeh. Between 07-11 February, a temporary ceasefire in the city of Homs allowed for the evacuation of over 1,200 people and the entry of humanitarian convoys into the Old City for the first time in two years. To date, at least 242,000 people are trapped in besieged areas across the country. Meanwhile, the second round of the Geneva II peace talks began, with expectations regarding aid deliveries and the release of prisoners.
This report covers the period 1 January 2010 to 30 June 2010.
Programme outcome: To increase the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Society (IFRC) capacity to assist National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies reduce the number of deaths, injuries and the impact of disasters through the timely and adequate financial support for disaster response from the DREF.
Programme(s) summary: At 30 June 2010, IFRC had made 73 allocations from the DREF to support 67 different operations for a total of 11,285,280 Swiss francs bringing assistance to over …
1. During the first three months of the year 2005, the GICHD continued and consolidated its activities in the fields of operational assistance, research and support to instruments of international law. It also started its training initiative in mine action information management (see para. 4 and 11 below).
2. The first core activity of the GICHD is the provision of specific operational support and assistance to on-going mine action activities and programmes, including those run by the UN.
Researched, written and published by the Humanitarian Policy Group at ODI
CROP AND FOOD SUPPLY SITUATION
This report includes:
This report includes:
Power of humanity
This report includes: (A) Latin America & Caribbean Region: (1) Honduras, (2) Nicaragua, (3) El Salvador, (4) Guatemala, (5) Ecuador, (6) Peru (B) Eastern Europe Region: (1) Balkans, (2) Russian Federation (C) East and Southern Africa Region: (1) Ethiopia, (2) Eritrea, (3) Burundi, (4) Kenya, (5) Tanzania (D) Central Africa Region: (1) Angola, (2) Democratic Republic of Congo, (3) Republic of Congo (E) West Africa Region: (1) Sierra Leone, (2) Guinea (F) West and Central Asia Region: (1) Afghanistan, (2) Tajikistan
This report includes: (A) Latin America: (1) Peru, (2) El Salvador, (3) Ecuador (B) Balkans: (1) Kosovo, (2) Serbia, (3) Montenegro, (4) Albania (C) West and Central Asia: (1) Afghanistan, (2) Pakistan, (3) Iran, (4) Tajikistan (D) Armenia (E) Horn of Africa: (1) Ethiopia, (2) Eritrea, (3) Kenya (F) Angola (G) Democratic Republic (DR) of Congo (H) Great Lakes: (1) Burundi, (2) Uganda (I) West Africa: (1) Sierra Leone, (2) Liberia (J) Chad
This report includes: (A) Horn of Africa: (1) Somalia, (2) Ethiopia, (3) Eritrea, (4) Sudan (B) West and Central Asia: (1) Afghanistan, (2) Pakistan, (3) Tajikistan (C) Balkans Region: (1) Kosovo (2) Serbia (3) fYROM (4) Montenegro, ( 5) Albania (D) Great Lakes: (1) Democratic Republic of Congo, (2) Tanzania (E) West Africa: (1) Sierra Leone, (2) Guinea, (3) Liberia (F) Angola (G) DPR Korea (H) El Salvador From Francesco Strippoli, Senior Humanitarian Adviser; available on the Internet on the WFP Home Page (www.wfp.org), or by e-mail from …
This report includes: (A) Resource situation for EMOPS and PRROs (B) Caucasus: (1) Northern Caucasus, (2) Georgia (C) West and Central Asia: (1) Afghanistan, (2) Pakistan, (3) Tajikistan (D) Balkans: (1) Kosovo, (2) Serbia, (3) Montenegro, (4) FYRoM, (5) Albania (E) Southern Africa: (1) Angola, (2) Namibia (F) Horn of Africa: (1) Ethiopia, (2) Eritrea, (3) Kenya) (G) Great Lakes (1) Tanzania, (2) Burundi (H) West Africa Coastal: (1) Guinea, (2) Liberia (I) Latin America and Caribbean: (1) El Salvador, (2) Bolivia, (3) Peru
(A) Resource situation for EMOPS and PRROs
This report includes: A) Democratic People's Republic of Korea B) FR Yugoslavia and region - Kosovo crisis C) Afghanistan D) East and Central Africa: Burundi, Tanzania, Uganda, Democratic Republic of Congo and Congo/Brazzaville E) Ethiopia.