Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Countries from IGAD team up to end polio: The three Ministers of Health jointly launch to vaccinate about six million under-five children
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
Brussels, 15 November 2017
In the run-up to the European Council in December, the Commission and the High Representative are today setting out the work still required to consolidate the positive results achieved over the past years.
European Commission - Press release
Brussels, 6 September 2017
In four progress reports adopted today, the Commission is calling on all parties to sustain and further accelerate the good progress made in managing irregular migration flows, protecting the EU external borders and supporting the frontline Member States under pressure.
La Commission a proposé aujourd'hui la création d'un «programme européen commun de réinstallation». Ce programme vise à faire de la réinstallation dans l'UE un instrument plus efficace de protection des réfugiés, en renforçant la coopération politique et pratique entre les États membres. Cette initiative concerne la réinstallation dans un État membre de réfugiés se trouvant dans des pays tiers .
What is resettlement and why is it needed?
A large majority of refugees worldwide find themselves in places far away from the EU. They are to be found in countries neighbouring, or in the same region, as their country of origin, in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. By the end of 2008, developing countries hosted 8.4 million refugees, 80 per cent of the global refugee population, with Pakistan alone hosting 1.8 million refugees and Syria 1.1 million. As host countries are often developing ones, with limited resources, they cannot integrate large numbers of refugees.
Brussels, 2 September 2009 - Today the European Commission proposed the establishment of a "Joint EU Resettlement Programme". This programme aims to develop resettlement within the EU into a more effective instrument to give protection to refugees, providing for closer political and practical cooperation among EU Member States. This initiative concerns the resettlement of refugees from third countries to an EU Member State.