Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 67 | 29 October - 11 November 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Multi-Sectoral Intervention Vital to Accelerate Reduction of Stunting: Researchers
By Dan Robinson
U.S. strategies in Afghanistan and Pakistan, continuing support for Iraq, and Middle East peace efforts figured highly in debate Thursday in a key House of Representatives committee. Debate on these issues occurred as the House Appropriations Committee approved the 2009 Supplemental Bill funding ongoing U.S. military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, and supporting economic and other needs in Pakistan:
At just over $94 billion, the measure exceeds President Obama's initial request by more than $9 billion. Of the total, $81.6 billion is for U.S.
By Lisa Schlein
Geneva - The U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees, Antonio Guterres, warns extreme poverty, climate change and civil strife are generating more refugees around the world. He says the growing number of refugees and migrants is leading to more intolerance and xenophobia. Lisa Schlein reports for VOA from UNHCR headquarters in Geneva.
The U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees, Antonio Guterres, says refugee numbers were going down until 2005.