Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #9 – Reporting Period: September 2018
While there is room for disagreement about migration policy, the humanitarian imperative means that we must never needlessly sacrifice the survival and dignity of any vulnerable people, including migrants.
The fourth edition of ‘Shelter Projects’, is launched at a time when shelter is more relevant than ever as an instrument of humanitarian response. The case studies in this edition reflect the on-going challenges posed by responses to complex emergencies such as Haiti and Pakistan as well as new challenges derived from unprecedented level of population displacement in Africa, Asia and in the Middle East.
As part of its contribution to child survival programming, the International Federation's Global Measles and Polio Initiative aims to enable Red Cross Red Crescent National Societies to continue their work as key social mobilization partners in the two related successful global health initiatives: the Measles Initiative (MI) and the Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI).
This report covers the period 1 January to 30 June 2009
Programme purpose: In support of Global Agenda Goal 2, and Millennium Development Goal 4, liaise with global immunization partners to ensure the continued involvement of the International Federation and Red Cross Red Crescent National Societies in measles and polio supplementary immunization activities (SIAs) to increase uptake of services during both mass vaccination campaigns and routine immunization services and reduce global measles and polio-related morbidity and mortality.
- During the …
This report covers the period 01/01/08 to 31/12/08.
Programme purpose: In support of Global Agenda Goal 2, the International Federation's Global Measles and Polio Initiative aims to support Red Cross Red Crescent National Societies to work with partners and provide community social mobilization before, during and after vaccination campaigns to reduce measles and polio morbidity and mortality.
Launched on: 01 March, 2002 for 9 months
for CHF 1,086,000 from some 5.9 million beneficiaries.
Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF) Allocated: N/A
This Programme Update is intended for reporting on Annual Appeals.
Appeal Target: CHF 2,373,587 (revised budget)
Programme Update No. 01;
Period covered. January to May 2002
"At a Glance"
Appeal coverage: 45.4%
Outstanding needs: CHF 1,222,194
Power of humanity
The world's largest disaster response organisation, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies today marked World Water Day with a commitment to increase its efforts to provide disaster victims with access to clean water and sanitation.