Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 72 | 7 - 20 January 2019
- Ethiopia | Internal displacement (December 2018) – DG ECHO Daily Map | 22/01/2019
- Ethiopia – Inter-communal fighting in South Sudanese refugee camps (DG ECHO, DG ECHO partners) (ECHO Daily Flash of 21 January 2019)
Libya continues to be the main transit point for departure from North Africa towards Europe. UNHCR's interverntions at disembarkation points in Libya focus on the provision of life-saving assistance and protection monitoring, to identify persons in need of international protection, as well as vulnerable individuals, such as unaccompanied and separated children, elderly, medical cases, women at risk or victims of trafficking.
Mixed migration trend report for september 2015 covering mixed migration events in:
ALGERIA,EGYPT, ETHIOPIA, LIBYA, MALI, MOROCCO, NIGER, SUDAN, TUNISIA, GREECE AND ITALY.
MHub works on behalf of the North Africa Mixed Migration Task Force consisting of DRC, IOM, OHCHR, RMMS and UNHCR. It promotes a human rights-based approach to ensuring the protection of people moving in mixed and complex flows to, through and from North Africa.
GENEVA, 03 October, 2011– UN High Commissioner for Refugees António Guterres warned today that an increasingly complex international environment is making it harder to find solutions for the world’s more than 43 million refugees, internally displaced and stateless people.
Speaking at the opening of the annual meeting in Geneva of UNHCR’s governing Executive Committee, Guterres said the international community needed to up its collective game to prevent conflict, to adapt to climate change and to better manage natural disasters.