Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- EU Desirous to Support Ethiopia in Fighting Human Trafficking: European Commission Official
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 69 | 25 November - 9 December 2018
WFP is deeply concerned that the scourge of hunger and malnutrition is on the increase across the developing world, with now over a billion hungry people on the planet. The global economic downturn is exacerbating the impact of the food crisis and increasing food insecurity for the world's most vulnerable people, reversing progress toward the Millennium Development Goals.
HORN OF AFRICA FLOODS
Unusually heavy rains during the months of October and November have turned large parts of the Horn of Africa into flood disaster areas with loss of life, massive displacement, and loss of livelihoods and assets in particularly in Kenya, Somalia, and Ethiopia. Accumulated estimates from the three countries put the total number of affected people between 1, 5 and 1, 8 million. Emergency response has being mounted by Governments in the affected countries, UN agencies, NGOs and other humanitarian partners.
Agriculture, Coordination and Support Services, Food, Health, Infrastructure and Rehabilitation, Mine Action, Protection / Human Rights / Rule of Law, Refugees and IDPs, Security, Shelter and Non-food Items
(B) Middle East,Central Asia and Eastern Europe: (1) Lebanon
(C) East & Central Africa: (1) Burundi (2) Congo, DR (3) Ethiopia (4) Kenya (5) Rwanda (6) Somalia (7) Sudan (8) Tanzania (9) Uganda
(D) West Africa: (1) Chad (2) Cote d'Ivoire (3) Guinea (4) Liberia (5) Niger
(E) Asia: (1) Afghanistan (2) Sri Lanka (3) Timor Leste
(F) Latin America and …
This week's report covers the following sectors: Agriculture, Coordination and Support Services, Education, Food, Health, Infrastructure and Rehabilitation, Mine Action, Protection / Human Rights / Rule of Law, Refugees and IDPs, Security, Shelter and Non-food Items, Water & Sanitation
(B) Middle East,Central Asia and Eastern Europe: (1) Lebanon (2) occupied Palestinian territories (3) Russian Federation (Caucasus)
(C) East & Central Africa: (1) Burundi (2) Congo, DR (3) Djibouti (4) Eritrea (5) Ethiopia (6) Rwanda (7) Somalia (8) Sudan (9) Tanzania (10) …
DISCLAIMER: The following is a non-exhaustive selection of health-related events and WHO actions undertaken during the stated period in specific countries in which populations are experiencing crisis conditions. This has been compiled by WHO/Health Action in Crises (HAC/HQ) in Geneva, in consultation with relevant Country and Regional Offices. If you are a WHO staff member and wish to contribute to this update, please write email@example.com.
This Programme Update is intended for reporting on Annual Appeals.
Appeal Target: CHF 2,373,587 (revised budget)
Programme Update No. 01;
Period covered. January to May 2002
"At a Glance"
Appeal coverage: 45.4%
Outstanding needs: CHF 1,222,194