Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 68 | 11 - 25 November 2018
- Collaborative Action for Sustainable Peace, Gedeo–Guji peacebuilding forum | November 22, 2018 | Dila town | Ethiopia
Education is lifesaving. Education is crucial for both the protection and healthy development of girls and boys affected by crises. It can rebuild their lives; restore their sense of normality and safety, and provide them with important life skills. It helps children to be self-sufficient, to be heard, and to have more influence on issues that affect them. It is also one of the best tools to invest in their long-term future, and in the peace, stability and economic growth of their countries.
Education is lifesaving. Education is crucial for both the protection and development of girls and boys affected by crises. It can restore a sense of normalcy and safety and provide them with important life skills. It is also one of the best tools to invest in their long-term future and in the peace, stability and economic growth of their countries.
The Commission currently dedicates over 4% of the EU's overall humanitarian budget to education in emergencies, one of the most underfunded sectors of humanitarian aid.
La Commission européenne a annoncé aujourd’hui un train de mesures d’aide humanitaire d’un montant de 52 millions d’euros, visant spécifiquement la réalisation, en 2016, de projets éducatifs en faveur d’enfants en situation d’urgence.
European Commission - Press release
Brussels, 5 April 2016
EU quadruples its humanitarian financing to education in emergencies worldwide.