Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- Ethiopia: 2018 HDRP Funding Update (as of 15 January 2019)
- Operational Plan for Rapid Response: Internal Displacement around Kamashi and Assosa (Benishangul Gumuz) and East and West Wollega (Oromia), 26 December 2018
- Ethiopia: 3W - WASH Cluster Ongoing and Planned Activities map (as of November 2018)
- Teaching science and hope in an Ethiopian refugee camp
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION,
Having regard to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
Having regard to Council Regulation (EC) No 1257/96 of 20 June 1996 concerning humanitarian aid1 , and in particular Article 2, Article 4 and Article 15(2) and (3) thereof,
Having regard to Council Decision 2013/755/EU of 25 November 2013 on the association of the overseas countries and territories with the European Union ('Overseas Association Decision')2 , and in particular Article 79 thereof,
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Assisted Voluntary Returns Peaked at 70,000 in 2015: IOM
Switzerland - IOM assisted 69,540 migrants from 97 host and/or transit countries and 156 countries of origin in 2015, as part of its Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) programmes, according to the newly-released AVRR 2015 Key Highlights report.
The global terrorist threat continued to evolve rapidly in 2015, becoming increasingly decentralized and diffuse. Terrorist groups continued to exploit an absence of credible and effective state institutions, where avenues for free and peaceful expression of opinion were blocked, justice systems lacked credibility, and where security force abuses and government corruption went unchecked.
Biannual FAO Food Outlook report and new Food Price Index released
9 October 2014, Rome - Food markets are more stable and prices for most agricultural commodities are sharply lower than they have been in recent years, according to the latest edition of FAO's biannual Food Outlook report and a new update to the Organization's monthly Food Price Index, both out today.
An earthquake with magnitude 5.6 has hit South Khorasan province in Iran, killing at least eight people and injuring 12. As of 6 December, no further information on the impact is available. Typhoon Bopha has made landfall in the southern Philippines on 4 December, carrying winds of up to 160 kilometres an hour. More than 294,000 people have been affected in seven provinces, according to Government estimates. Severe rains have affected at least 6,500 people in Panama, prompting the Government of Panama to declare a state of emergency for the regions of La Chorrera, Capira and Colón.
El estado de la inseguridad alimentaria en el mundo 2009 es el 10.=BA informe de situación de la FAO sobre el hambre en el mundo desde la Cumbre Mundial sobre la Alimentación (CMA) de 1996. En el informe se destaca el hecho de que, incluso antes de que se produjeran la crisis alimentaria y la crisis económica, el n=FAmero de personas que padecían hambre había aumentado lenta pero constantemente.
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.
The Global Appeal 2007
UNHCR's Global Appeal is published yearly to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee (ExCom) members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.
This report includes:
A) Middle East and Central Asia: (1) Iraq, (2) Iran, (3) Afghanistan, (4) Pakistan
B) East and Central Africa: (1) DR Congo, (2) Tanzania, (3) Burundi, (4) Rwanda, (5) Uganda, (6) Kenya, (7) Sudan, (8) Eritrea, (9) Ethiopia, (10) Djibouti
C) West Africa: (1) Liberia, (2) Côte d'Ivoire
D) Southern Africa: (1) Regional, (2) Namibia, (3) Angola, (4) Zambia, (5) Zimbabwe, (6) Malawi, (7) Tanzania, (8) Mozambique, (9) Swaziland, (10) Lesotho, (11) Madagascar
E) Asia: (1) Indonesia, (2) DPR Korea
This report includes:
A) Middle East and Central Asia: (1) Iraq, (2) Iran, (3) Afghanistan
B) East and Central Africa: (1) DR Congo, (2) Burundi, (3) Rwanda, (4) Uganda, (5) Kenya, (6) Eritrea, (7) Djibouti, (8) Ethiopia
C) West Africa: (1) Côte d'Ivoire (2) Liberia (3) Sierra Leone (4) Guinea
D) Southern Africa: (1) Namibia, (2) Angola, (3) Zambia, (4) Malawi, (5) Zimbabwe, (6) Mozambique, (7) Swaziland, (8) Lesotho, (9) Madagascar
E) Asia: (1) DPR Korea
This report includes: