Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #10 – Reporting Period: October 2018
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
- Ethiopia - Council conclusions (19 November 2018)
The Migration Geo-Portal aspires to promote a better understanding of migratory trends towards Europe through in-depth data analysis and visualisation. Our work focuses specifically on migrant arrivals, and fatal incidences during the sea journeys, to Italy, Greece, and Spain. We update the Migration Geoportal monthly giving insight into the most recent developments in the Mediterranean diaspora.
Italy - IOM reports an estimated 204,311 migrants and refugees entered Europe by sea in 2016 through 30 May, arriving in Italy, Greece, Cyprus and Spain.
After a surge in reported shipwrecks and other incidents at sea during the past eight days, estimated deaths through 30 May this year have risen to 2,443 on all Mediterranean routes - a 34 percent increase over the first five months of 2015.