Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia-Kenya high-level cross-border Peace dialogue concludes with an action plan to address ongoing inter-communal conflict along common border
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
WMO report highlights impacts on human safety, well-being and environment
6 November 2017 (WMO) - It is very likely that 2017 will be one of the three hottest years on record, with many high-impact events including catastrophic hurricanes and floods, debilitating heatwaves and drought. Long-term indicators of climate change such as increasing carbon dioxide concentrations, sea level rise and ocean acidification continue unabated. Arctic sea ice coverage remains below average and previously stable Antarctic sea ice extent was at or near a record low.
Un rapport de l'OMM met en évidence les répercussions sur la santé humaine, la qualité de vie et l'environnement
The global burden of Improvised Explosive Devices
Iain Overton and Jennifer Dathan
There is no day that goes past without the impact of an improvised explosive device (IED) making headlines around the world. Of all explosive weapons used, the IED is the most widespread, the most harmful and the most pernicious. Based on the belief that to overcome a problem, we must first understand it, this monitor is a small step in seeking to address the terrible realities of today.
It is a monitor that is, also, a response to a call to action.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Horn of Africa
Affected areas Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan
Cause of displacement Disaster (Drought, food insecurity and conflict)
Figures More than 464,000 new displacements between 1 November 2016 and 24 March 2017
This mapping will be regularly updated :
Are you looking for :
- Accountability Working Groups at country or regional levels ?
2.Examples of inter-agency information and feedback mechanisms or call centers ?
3.Examples of inter-agency projects related to Accountability to Affected Populations ?
4.Examples of how accountability to affected population is integrated into Humanitarian Response Plans?
5.Examples of how accountability to affected population is integrated into key global reports ?
29 September 2011
A hallmark of foreign policy is to look beyond the horizon to analyse the new great global challenges facing us in the future.
Today I want to talk to you about one such challenge — food security, which now finds itself at the forefront of the global policy agenda.
Population growth means that by 2050 the world will need to feed approximately 9 billion people, over 2 billion more than today when we already have 1 billion people suffering chronic hunger.
CPC Statement on El Niño