Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Country Refugee Response Plan: The integrated response plan for refugees from Eritrea, Sudan, South Sudan and Somalia (January 2019 - December 2020)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue #3 | 04-17 February 2019
- Pulse innovations: Food and nutrition security in southern Ethiopia
- Additional provisions within the revised national refugee law in Ethiopia
- UNHCR Ethiopia Factsheet - January 2019
The evacuation of New Orleans in advance of hurricane Gustav and the displacement of two million Indians to the worst flood in 50 years underline the increasing vulnerability of humanity to natural disasters-vulnerability that is set to rise under the scientific scenarios if climate change if left unchecked.
According to Munich Re, one of the world's leading insurance companies and a member of the UNEP Finance Initiative, 2008 is already shaping up to be a significant, disaster-prone year.
By June, an estimated 400 natural disasters had occurred costing $82 billion.