Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia: Investigate police conduct after deaths of five people protesting ethnic clashes
- 23 Killed in Ethnic Violence Near Addis Ababa
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
- Ethiopia tops global list of highest internal displacement in 2018
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
The Federation’s mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization and its millions of volunteers are active in over 181 countries.
Revised Preliminary Appeal No. 28/2004; Operations Update no. 55; Period covered: 28 April to 18 May 2005; Appeal coverage: 48.7%
(a) Humanitarian operations in the region affected by the earthquake and subsequent tsunami on 26 December, 2004, have entered the recovery and reconstruction phase as WFP continues to assist more than 1.345 million people across the region.
(b) With bottlenecks hampering the distribution of aid and causing unrest, Sri Lanka's President has ordered administrators to deliver entitlements to at least 70 per cent of people affected by the tsunami by February 7.