Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Briefing note: Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF) Ethiopia (August 2018)
Mediation Can Prevent, Resolve Natural Resources Disputes New UN Guide Launched
Drawing on decades of experience in the field of mediation of natural resource conflicts, the Guide provides best practices and strategies for mediating different types of resource conflicts.
The evacuation of New Orleans in advance of hurricane Gustav and the displacement of two million Indians to the worst flood in 50 years underline the increasing vulnerability of humanity to natural disasters-vulnerability that is set to rise under the scientific scenarios if climate change if left unchecked.
According to Munich Re, one of the world's leading insurance companies and a member of the UNEP Finance Initiative, 2008 is already shaping up to be a significant, disaster-prone year.
By June, an estimated 400 natural disasters had occurred costing $82 billion.