Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- UNICEF Horn of Africa Drought Situation as of September 2018
- Plight of refugees in Ethiopia brought to the fore in UNFPA leadership visit
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Refugee Girls Gain from Effort to Teach Life Skills
Convened under the Presidency of Fiji, the 2017 UN Climate Change Conference of Parties (COP) will make history as the first-ever small island state COP. The negotiations will take place from 6 to 17 November at the World Conference Center in Bonn.
To support the ambitions of the Paris Agreement, the Bank Group is ramping up action around key focus areas such as mobilizing climate finance and supporting vulnerable countries to build resilience to climate impacts.
Au rythme actuel, entre 2017 et 2030, 30 millions de nouveau-nés mourront dans les 28 premiers jours de leur vie.
NEW YORK/GENÈVE/WASHINGTON DC, le 19 octobre 2017 – Chaque jour en 2016, 15 000 enfants sont morts avant d’avoir atteint leur cinquième anniversaire, dont 46 % au cours des 28 premiers jours de leur vie, soit 7 000 nouveau-nés, selon un nouveau rapport des Nations Unies.
7,000 newborns die every day, despite steady decrease in under-five mortality, new report says
At current trends, 30 million newborns will die within first 28 days of life between 2017 and 2030
NEW YORK/GENEVA/WASHINGTON DC, 19 October 2017 – Every day in 2016, 15,000 children died before their fifth birthday, 46 per cent of them – or 7,000 babies – died in the first 28 days of life, according to a new UN report.
The quest of the last 15 years to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) taught us that Global Goals can motivate and help sustain leaps in human progress. It also taught us that the specifics matter. In some places, the MDGs became a widely-recognized, consistent and important driver of local progress; in others, the role and impact of the MDGs was more ambiguous. A lot depended on way the MDGs were implemented: if local change agents made them meaningful locally; if local leaders drew on their legitimacy and visibility; if they were employed to solve real-life problems etc.
World Bank Group Unveils New Climate Action Plan
Plan to Help Countries Meet Paris COP21 Pledges
WASHINGTON, April 7, 2016—The World Bank Group today announced plans to help developing countries add 30 gigawatts of renewable energy – enough to power 150 million homes – to the world’s energy capacity, bring early warning systems to 100 million people and develop climate-smart agriculture investment plans for at least 40 countries – all by 2020.
Birger Fredriksen and Sukhdeep Brar
with Michael Trucano
This book offers policy options that can help reduce textbook costs and increase their supply. The book explores, in depth, the cost and financial barriers that restrict textbook availability in schools across much of the region, as well as policies successfully adapted in other countries. The book also provides a thorough assessment of the pros and cons of digital teaching and learning materials and cautions against the assumption that they can immediately replace printed textbooks.
SUBMITTED BY RASMUS HELTBERG ON WED, 2013-04-03 16:25
Income support is an essential part of crisis and disaster response. Time after time, governments, donors, and humanitarian agencies step in with support to people affected disasters and economic crisis. They often do this on an ad hoc basis, improvising how and what support to provide. Why not build systems that could respond quickly wherever and whenever crisis or disaster strikes?
Bank's Global Food Crisis Response Program has helped 44 countries counter crisis by investing in agriculture, feeding programs.
Eight countries receiving help from G20-requested Global Agriculture and Food Security Program; 17 additional countries seeking assistance.
About 3.5 million children under 5 in developing countries die from undernutrition-related causes each year.
April 1, 2011— The 2008 food crisis hit poor people in Togo hard.
- L'AADAPT soutient des évaluations rigoureuses
de projets agricoles
- Les évaluations compareront les résultats associés à un programme contre ceux qui auraient été obtenus en l'absence du programme
- L'AADAPT veut combler l'écart des savoirs dans les domaines de l'adoption des technologies agricoles, de l'irrigation et des infrastructures rurales, ainsi que la gestion des ressources naturelles
Les délégations de huit pays africains en développement sont arrivées à Addis-Abeba ce printemps avec un objectif commun, celui d'obtenir de meilleurs …
- AADAPT supports rigorous assessments
of agricultural projects
- Evaluations will compare outcomes associated with a program against those that would have occurred in program's absence
- AADAPT to bridge knowledge gaps in adoption of agricultural technology, irrigation and rural infrastructure, management of natural resources
Delegations from eight developing African countries arrived in Addis Ababa this spring with a common goal -they wanted better results for their investments in agriculture.
They left with a plan to measure the effectiveness of programs with the …
Maintaining food security at the national and household level is a major priority for most developing countries, both for the welfare of the poor as well as for political stability. In order to help assure food security, developing country governments have adopted various strategies including efforts to increase production (often with an explicit goal of food self-sufficiency), government intervention in markets, public distribution of food and maintenance of national food security stocks.