Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Marks World AIDS Day with Optimism Following New Report on HIV Care and Treatment Progress
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- EU Desirous to Support Ethiopia in Fighting Human Trafficking: European Commission Official
Written by Kristin Myers
Today, on Earth Day, we examine how climate-smart solutions hold the key to lifting people out of poverty.
We have been sharing the faces of the hunger crisis in East Africa — bringing you the human stories that have sprung from devastating climate disasters in countries like Somalia, Kenya, and Ethiopia.
Highlights Countries in this issue: - International prices of wheat decreased for the third consecutive month but those of rice continue to increase.
Desert Locust (SGR) infestations declined during June in the primary breeding and outbreak areas in the Sahel, North Africa and Red Sea coasts due to control operations and unfavorable ecological conditions.