Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- EU steps up support for Ethiopia: emergency aid for refugees, internally displaced people and to tackle natural disasters
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: 2018 HDRP Funding Update (as of 10 December 2018)
The map below shows asylum applications by under age 18 year olds and gender. Darker colours mean more people have applied in a certain country. Use the slider to select a year or the drop down menus below to display data for different age groups or different home countries.
4,328 INTERVIEWS WERE CONDUCTED IN THE PERIOD FROM JUNE TO SEPTEMBER 2016 BY IOM IN THE FORMER YUGOSLAV REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA, GREECE, HUNGARY, SERBIA, AND ITALY
ABOUT DTM’S FLOW MONITORING SURVEYS
Les pays participant aux deux sommets sur les réfugiés devraient s’engager à renforcer leurs offres de réinstallation et d’aide
At Global Refugee Summits, Commit to Resettlement and Aid
(New York, September 13, 2016) – The massive refugee crisis demands an unprecedented global response, Human Rights Watch said today. At two summits on September 19 and 20, 2016, at the United Nations, world leaders should take bold steps to share responsibility for millions of people displaced by violence, repression, and persecution.
Assisted Voluntary Returns Peaked at 70,000 in 2015: IOM
Switzerland - IOM assisted 69,540 migrants from 97 host and/or transit countries and 156 countries of origin in 2015, as part of its Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) programmes, according to the newly-released AVRR 2015 Key Highlights report.
Over the reporting period (31 March –6 April) countries of first arrival (Italy, Greece, and Bulgaria) saw an average decrease of 33% in numbers of arrivals compared with the previous week. In particular, Italy saw a 59% decrease compared to previous week.
The total number of migrants and refugees stranded in Greece and in the Western Balkans is 57,812. For a more detailed look, please see the accommodation pages of Greece, fYROM, Serbia, Croatia and Slovenia.
Missing Migrants Project is a database sharing key data on deceased and missing migrants along migratory routes worldwide. This info-graphic focuses on migrant arrivals and fatalities in the Mediterranean region. #MissingMigrants
The total number of migrants and refugees stranded in Greece and in the Western Balkans is 56,578. For a more detailed look, please see the accommodation pages of Greece, fYROM, Serbia, Croatia and Slovenia.
On 18 March , EU leaders met with their Turkish counterpart, Prime Minister of Turkey Ahmed Davutoğlu. They reached an agreement aimed at stopping the flow of irregular migration via Turkey to Europe. The main action points of the agreement are available, please see page 9.
About this report: DTM in the Mediterranean and beyond
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues