Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Briefing note: Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF) Ethiopia (August 2018)
- World still in jeopardy of another food
* U.S. moving ahead with implementation of L'Aquila plan
* U.S. seeking cooperation with EU and other donors
By Bate Felix
BRUSSELS, May 27 (Reuters) - A top U.S. official said on Thursday global food prices could soar again if countries don't cooperate to increase food production especially in developing countries.
Ertharin Cousin, U.S.
Press Office: 202-712-4320
Public Information: 202-712-4810
For countries that are coping with post-conflict, unstable or natural disaster situations, restoration of proper water and sanitation systems is a high priority. Clean water and proper hygiene prevent water-borne disease and provide a base for other development activities to take place. CHF International has worked around the world to restore or develop delivery of clean water and improve the sanitation and health of thousands of people in very difficult situations.
United States Government Accountability Office
Report to Congressional Committees
GLOBAL FOOD SECURITY
Highlights of GAO-10-352, a report to congressional committees
What GAO Found
The U.S. government supports a wide variety of programs and activities for global food security, but lacks readily available comprehensive data on funding. In response to GAO's data collection instrument to 10 agencies, 7 agencies reported funding for global food security in fiscal year 2008 (see figure below) based on the working definition GAO developed for this purpose with agency input.