Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- EU Desirous to Support Ethiopia in Fighting Human Trafficking: European Commission Official
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 69 | 25 November - 9 December 2018
World Humanitarian Data and Trends presents global- and country-level data-and-trend analysis about humanitarian crises and assistance. Its purpose is to consolidate this information and present it in an accessible way, providing policymakers, researchers and humanitarian practitioners with an evidence base to support humanitarian policy decisions and provide context for operational decisions.
Total funding: € 656 million
Heavy rainfall and flooding continues over Nigeria
Africa Weather Hazards
Heavy rainfall in previous weeks has resulted in overflowing of the Niger and Benue Rivers of Nigeria. Moderate to heavy rainfall is forecast to continue, maintaining high risks for flooding.
Conflicts and climatic shocks aggravate current food insecurity in many countries
Some 39 countries in need of food assistance - FAO expects slightly lower global cereal production
20 September 2018, Rome - Persistent conflicts and climate-related shocks are currently driving high levels of severe food insecurity, particularly in Southern African and Near East countries, which continue to require humanitarian assistance, according to a new report published by the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) today.
Funding Required: $25.41B
Funding Received: $9.39B
Unmet Requirements: $16.02B
People in need: 134.0M
People to receive aid: 95.8M
Countries affected: 41
Global Overview JULY 2018
Funding required: $25.39 B
Funding received: $8.71 B
Unmet requirements: 16.68 B
People in need: 134.0 M
People to receive aid: 96.2 M
Countries affected: 40
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION,
Having regard to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
Having regard to Council Regulation (EC) No 1257/96 of 20 June 1996 concerning humanitarian aid1 , and in particular Article 2, Article 4 and Article 15(2) and (3) thereof,
Having regard to Council Decision 2013/755/EU of 25 November 2013 on the association of the overseas countries and territories with the European Union ('Overseas Association Decision')2 , and in particular Article 79 thereof,
Global Overview JUNE 2018
CERF announces new findings in latest Results Report
Claudia Hargarten June 26, 2018
A new Results Report takes stock of how a US$439 million humanitarian investment from more than 50 donors delivered life-saving assistance to over 22 million people facing the consequences of natural disasters and conflict around the world.
Les problèmes liés au pâturage et les répercussions du conflit sur le commerce de bétail contribuent à faire augmenter les souffrances liées à la faim chez les éleveurs ouest-africains
Tropical Cyclone Mekunu is expected to hit Yemen and Oman next week
Africa Weather Hazards
Insufficient rain since January has resulted in large moisture deficits and below-average vegetation conditions over portions of northwestern Angola.
Poorly-distributed rain since late February has resulted in abnormal dryness across central and northeastern Ethiopia.
A slow onset to seasonal rainfall across the southern Gulf of Guinea countries has led to strengthening moisture deficits throughout the region.
Despite a decrease in rainfall, flooding continues in East Africa.
Due to poor rainfall since November western Namibia is in a severe drought. Conditions may worsen as limited rain is forecast next week.
In southwestern Madagascar, an uneven and inadequate rainfall distribution since the start of the rainfall season has resulted in severe drought. Drought conditions are likely to persist.
Estimaciones globales sobre la inseguridad alimentaria aguda en 2017
• Alrededor de 124 millones de personas en 51 países se enfrentan a una situación de Crisis de inseguridad alimentaria o peor (equivalente o superior a la fase 3 del IPC/CH) y requieren una acción humanitaria urgente para salvar vidas, proteger los medios de vida y reducir los niveles de hambre y desnutrición aguda.
Estimations mondiales de l’insécurité alimentaire aiguë en 2017
• Environ 124 millions de personnes vivant dans 51 pays sont en situation d’insécurité alimentaire de Crise ou pire (Phase 3 ou pire de l’IPC ou du CH ou équivalent) et requièrent une action humanitaire urgente afin de sauver des vies, protéger les moyens d’existence et réduire les déficits de consommation alimentaire et la malnutrition aiguë.
Acute food insecurity global estimates in 2017
• Around 124 million people in 51 countries face Crisis food insecurity or worse (equivalent of IPC/CH Phase 3 or above). They require urgent humanitarian action to save lives, protect livelihoods, and reduce hunger and malnutrition.