Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Helping Ethiopia Achieve Green Growth and Avoid Industrialised Nations’ Environmental Mistakes
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 65 | 01-14 October 2018
This year the DEC has launched an extremely important appeal for Syria, and continued its work in three major responses: East Africa, Pakistan and Haiti, each of which was amongst our very largest appeals.
In East Africa, where a lethal combination of drought, conflict and environmental failure caused the first famine of the 21st century, DEC funded work has reached over 2.3m people. The huge humanitarian effort in the region has been broadly successful but the crisis has highlighted serious issues with the world’s ability to respond to very clear early warnings of disaster.
Surrounded by shattered buildings and a massive concrete wall pock-marked by shell holes and small bullet craters, I met Malaika Issack. What could drive anyone to seek shelter in a city like Mogadishu, scarred by twenty years of war?