Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Briefing note: Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF) Ethiopia (August 2018)
Vienna, 2 June 2008 - "There is no universal panacea to the problem of world hunger. The persistent commitment of all of us is necessary to meet this difficult challenge. The UN's global auspices are the right platform for this. We must develop long-term strategies and programmes in order to ensure the supply of the world's population with sufficient food on a permanent basis.
Vienna, 7 May 2008 - "The global food crisis calls for a response based on solidarity, and Austria is making a further contribution," announced Foreign Minister Ursula Plassnik today. At the suggestion of the Federal Ministry for Agriculture and Forestry, Environment and Water Management, the Federal Government has pledged 2,790,000 euros for the UN's world food programme.
"We must grasp the dimensions of the crisis. One hundred million people are threatened with death by starvation as a consequence of higher food prices.