Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia: Investigate police conduct after deaths of five people protesting ethnic clashes
- WFP Ethiopia: Food and Nutrition Assistance to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in East and West Hararghe zones - September 2018
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
- 23 Killed in Ethnic Violence Near Addis Ababa
Annual Report for 2013: A strong response to complex crises
14-05-2014 News Release 14/81
As the ICRC Water and Habitat Unit celebrates its 30th anniversary, we look back at some of the ICRCs most significant water, sanitation and shelter operations over the last three decades.
In 1859, four years before the ICRC was formed, our founder Henry Dunant made water one of his priorities as he struggled to help wounded soldiers after the Battle of Solferino. Thirty years ago, our awareness of the essential role of water, sanitation and habitat for the victims of conflict led us to create the Water and Habitat Unit, known as "WatHab."
ICRC News Release No. 09/109
Geneva (ICRC) - Millions of people affected by armed conflict have become more vulnerable because of the combined effects of war, natural disasters and continued high food prices, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) said today.