Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia - Council conclusions (19 November 2018)
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #10 – Reporting Period: October 2018
- World Vision East Africa Region Situation Report | October 1 - October 31, 2018
Annual Report for 2013: A strong response to complex crises
14-05-2014 News Release 14/81
As the ICRC Water and Habitat Unit celebrates its 30th anniversary, we look back at some of the ICRCs most significant water, sanitation and shelter operations over the last three decades.
In 1859, four years before the ICRC was formed, our founder Henry Dunant made water one of his priorities as he struggled to help wounded soldiers after the Battle of Solferino. Thirty years ago, our awareness of the essential role of water, sanitation and habitat for the victims of conflict led us to create the Water and Habitat Unit, known as "WatHab."
ICRC News Release No. 09/109
Geneva (ICRC) - Millions of people affected by armed conflict have become more vulnerable because of the combined effects of war, natural disasters and continued high food prices, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) said today.