Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Political Will Changing Story of Horn of Africa: Ramtane
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
REFUGEE NEWS BRIEFINGS
Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC): plan to withdraw peacekeeping troops
Rome, 5 April 2010 - A UN report proposed a plan for a three-year phased withdrawal the peacekeeping force, MONUC. While the Congolese government has urged the 22,000-strong UN-peacekeeping force to leave in 2011 before the next national elections.
The UN technical assessment mission concluded that an ongoing presence of the MONUC force was essential in the Kivu and Orientale provinces in the east of the country.
Dispatches is a fortnightly e-mail bulletin of the JRS International Office.
1. Sudan: violence puts stability at risk
On 9 January, the UN peacekeeping force in Sudan, UNMIS, voiced concern over the recent escalation of violence in Southern Sudan. In the last two weeks, more than 150 people have been killed, and many more injured and displaced by inter-ethnic violence throughout the autonomous region.
Twice monthly news bulletin from the Jesuit Refugee Service International Office.