Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants Applauds Ethiopia’s New Refugee Law
- Operational Plan for Rapid Response: Internal Displacement around Kamashi and Assosa (Benishangul Gumuz) and East and West Wollega (Oromia), 26 December 2018
- UN Entities Support Ethiopia’s Quest for Policy Coherence for SDGs
302 human impact disasters claimed 29,782 lives; affected 206 million and inflicted record economic damages of $366 billion in 2011
Geneva, 18 January 2012 – For two consecutive years the long-term disasters trend has been bucked by major earthquakes which claimed thousands of lives and affected millions in both 2010 and 2011, according to new statistics published today by CRED and the UN office for disaster risk reduction, UNISDR.
This is the 2nd edition of the Disaster Risk Management Program for Priority Countries, originally published by GFDRR in 2009. It now includes the country programs missing in the first edition (Burkina Faso, Malawi, Mali, Senegal, and Philippines 1) as well as an update of the DRM Country Program for Haiti (to take into account the impact of the January 2010 earthquake), Panama, Guatemala, Ecuador, Colombia, Costa Rica.
At its 5th meeting in copenhagen in november 2008, the GFDrr consultative Group asked the secretariat to focus on a select group of priority countries to achieve increased impact. in GFDrr’s Track ii, Mainstreaming Disaster risk reduction in Development, this lead to a prioritization of operations in 20 core countries, including Burkina Faso, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Ghana, Haiti, indonesia, Kyrgyz Republic, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Marshall islands, Mozambique, Nepal, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Senegal, Solomon islands, Togo, vietnam, and Republic of Yemen.