Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Countries from IGAD team up to end polio: The three Ministers of Health jointly launch to vaccinate about six million under-five children
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
Over 140,000 people in 11 countries will benefit; includes emergency humanitarian response in South Sudan
Over 140,000 people in 11 countries will benefit from 13 projects totaling $4 million committed by Canadian Foodgrains Bank in March.
By Idriss Jazairy, Executive Director of the Geneva Centre for Human Rights Advancement and Global Dialogue
Donor contributions are monetary donations provided by Governments and the private sector. This mechanism gives them the opportunity to pool their unearmarked contributions to a specific country. With these pooled donations, CBPFs offer rapid and flexible financing instruments to scale up humanitarian operations, increase humanitarian access, and strengthen our partnerships with local and international NGOs and UN agencies. This complements the overall humanitarian response based on affected people's needs identified under country-specific strategic response plans.
South Sudan: Ethnic violence which erupted in mid-December continues, with heavy fighting reported in the states of Jonglei and Unity, and sporadic clashes reported in Upper Nile and Central Equatoria. While numbers cannot be verified due to limited access, thousands of people have been killed or injured and reports indicate that civilians are being targeted in attacks, forcing an estimated 400,000 to flee, mostly internally.
117e séance plénière - matin
Ce matin, L’Assemblée a souscrit aux 23 recommandations de sa Cinquième Commission chargée des questions administratives et budgétaires. Elle a ainsi approuvé, pour la période allant du 1er juillet 2012 au 30 juin 2013, un budget de plus de 7 milliards de dollars pour 14 opérations de maintien de la paix (OMP) et missions politiques spéciales des Nations Unies.
Sixty-sixth General Assembly
117th Meeting (AM)
The General Assembly today, acting on the recommendations of its Fifth Committee (Administrative and Budgetary), adopted a peacekeeping budget of just more than $7 billion for the period 1 July 2012 to 30 June 2013.
The funding approved today — for 14 peacekeeping missions, the Logistics Base in Brindisi and the peacekeeping support account — is broken down as follows:
Mission Total Appropriation
MINURSO ( Mission for Referendum in Western Sahara) $60.79 million
Also Approves Budgets for 4 Political Missions, Text on Cross-Cutting Issues, Including Near $60 Million Supplemental Payment to Troop-Contributors
The Fifth Committee today concluded its second resumed substantive session by recommending financial arrangements for 14 United Nations peacekeeping operations, which, once endorsed by the General Assembly, would total slightly more than $7 billion.