Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Ethiopia-Kenya high-level cross-border Peace dialogue concludes with an action plan to address ongoing inter-communal conflict along common border
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- UNHCR Ethiopia Factsheet - November 2018
Ongoing programs and emergency response helps tens of thousands in crisis
November 17, 2011
These happy faces say it all: 3,200 Vietnamese children no longer go hungry, thanks to a Pediatric Nutrition Program supported by AmeriCares and its partners. In Vietnam, where one-third of children under age 5 suffer from stunted growth due to malnutrition, this program is a shining example of hope and progress.
A triple crisis
"I think this is one of the best things we could ever do for HIV; it's one of the most successful prevention methods," says FH's HIV/AIDS programs coordinator, Kim Buttonow, MPH. "You can have an HIV-free generation."
By expanding the prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT), children of HIV-positive mothers actually could choose whether to protect themselves from the deadly virus, instead of being born with it.
CONTENTS - SOMMAIRE
FOCUS Horn of Africa: a predictable crisis - FOCUS Corne de l'Afrique : une crise prévisible
Economic development at the heart of recovery in Cote d’Ivoire - Une activité économique pour se reconstruire en Côte d’Ivoire
Food distributions in Tillabery, Niger - Distributions alimentaires à Tillabéri au Niger
Pointe Noire able to fight Polio (Congo) - Pointe Noire à même de combattre la polio (République du Congo)
Launching the Afghanistan Livelihoods Network - Lancement du Afghanistan Livelihoods Network
Foreword from the Chief Executive Officer
Essays by Peter Singer, Rick and Kay Warren, Anne Mulcahy,
Jennifer Garner and others on why investments in maternal and child health care in developing countries are good for America
InterAction is pleased to release its second Foreign Assistance Briefing Book (FABB). The book outlines the U.S.-based international nonprofit community's views on foreign assistance challenges expected to be at the forefront of the 112th Congress and the remaining two years of the Obama administration's first term.
Sixteen key areas and sectors are featured, including climate change, food security and agriculture, health, urban poverty and U.S. government funding trends, with specific problems highlighted and suggested recommendations.