Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- UN Entities Support Ethiopia’s Quest for Policy Coherence for SDGs
- Ethiopia: 3W - Agriculture Cluster Ongoing Activities Map (as of November 2018)
- Ethiopia: 3W - WASH Cluster Ongoing and Planned Activities map (as of November 2018)
Georgetown, GINA, August 17, 2011
President Bharrat Jagdeo earlier today expressed his alarm at the unfolding famine in the Horn of Africa, and emphasised his distress at the images of children caught in the ravages of the devastating drought in Eastern Africa.
The President also announced that his Government will be making famine relief of US$100,000, equivalent to G$20M, immediately available to the people of the affected areas, as a measure intended to help bring some comfort to them.
No. of pages: 65
Publication date: 2011
This report examines a number of success stories in the fight against HIV. Examples come from countries such as Zimbabwe, Myanmar, Nigeria and the Caribbean region. These countries' governments, civil societies and the private sector have united to educate the public and to empower individuals, especially women, to insist on their right to protect their health through correct and consistent condom use.