Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
"Access to education is a fundamental human right. It is essential to the acquisition of knowledge and to the full development of the human personality, as the Universal Declaration of Human Rights states. More than that, education makes us more resilient and independent individuals."
Filippo Grandi, UN High Commissioner for Refugees.
European Commission - Press release
Brussels, 29 May 2018
The EU continues to deliver on its commitments to assist vulnerable migrants and refugees and address root causes of irregular migration. The new support measures in the Sahel/ Lake Chad region and the Horn of Africa will foster stability, jobs and growth, especially for young people and vulnerable groups.
• Many countries across the African continent face recurrent complex emergencies, frequent food insecurity, cyclical drought, and sudden-onset disasters such as earthquakes, floods, and storms. In FY 2016, as in previous years, USAID/OFDA not only responded to urgent needs resulting from disasters, but also supported DRR programs that built resilience and improved emergency preparedness, mitigation, and response capacity at local, national, and regional levels.
IMF Projects Solid Growth for Sub-Saharan Africa in the Face of Headwinds
Press Release No. 15/179
April 28, 2015
Introducing the April 2015 IMF Regional Economic Outlook: Sub-Saharan Africa, Ms. Antoinette Sayeh, Director of the IMF’s African Department commented today:
Maghreb & Middle East
The U.S. expanded its aerial campaign against Islamic State (IS) militants in late September with strikes in Syria’s north and east. The operation, which targets both IS and fighters linked to al-Qaeda’s central leadership and the affiliated group Jabhat al-Nusra, risks alienating other rebel groups in Syria and strengthening support for IS.
Towards the end of the fourth quarter, CERF and its humanitarian partners were challenged by a series of large, complex crises, including three system-wide level-three (L3) emergencies. These crises, in countries including the Central African Republic (CAR), the Philippines, Syria and Yemen, have affected 35 million people who urgently needed emergency relief, protection and basic services. CERF was there to provide a lifeline.
Conseil de sécurité
Point 64 b) de l’ordre du jour provisoire**
Nouveau Partenariat pour le développement de l’Afrique : progrès accomplis dans la mise en œuvre et appui international : les causes des conflits et la promotion d’une paix et d’un développement durables en Afrique
Item 64 (b) of the provisional agenda**
New Partnership for Africa’s Development: progress in
implementation and international support: causes of
conflict and the promotion of durable peace and
sustainable development in Africa
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Secretary of State
George C. Marshall Center
June 13, 2012
Well, good morning, and it is wonderful to see all of you here today, and I’m delighted to welcome you to the State Department and to the United States. And I hope this is the beginning of what will be an unforgettable three weeks.
CONFÉRENCE DE L'UNION
Dix-huitième session ordinaire
29 – 30 janvier 2012
Assembly/AU/Dec. 391 – 415 (XVIII)
Assembly/AU/Res. 1 (XVIII)
Assembly/AU/Decl. 1 - 3 (XVIII)
ASSEMBLY OF THE UNION
Eighteenth Ordinary Session
29 – 30 January 2012
Addis Ababa, ETHIOPIA
Sixty-sixth General Assembly
22nd, 23rd & 24th Meetings (AM, PM & Night)
Leaders Can No Longer Use Sovereignty as ‘Wall to Violate Rights of Citizens’,
Some Say; Others Say Mediation Less Costly, Saves Lives, Aligns with UN Charter
Item 72 (a) of the provisional agenda
Strengthening of the coordination of humanitarian and
disaster relief assistance of the United Nations, including
special economic assistance: strengthening of the coordination
WFP is deeply concerned that the scourge of hunger and malnutrition is on the increase across the developing world, with now over a billion hungry people on the planet. The global economic downturn is exacerbating the impact of the food crisis and increasing food insecurity for the world's most vulnerable people, reversing progress toward the Millennium Development Goals.
Bruxelles, 13 Mars 2009
La Commission européenne alloue un montant de 2,7 milliards d'euros aux pays d'Afrique, des Caraïbes et du Pacifique afin de répondre aux défis globaux du développement.
La Commission européenne et le groupe des pays d'Afrique, des Caraïbes et du Pacifique (ACP) ont signé un accord de coopération d'un montant de 2,7 milliards d'euros ce vendredi 13 mars. Il s'agit d'un accord global dont le financement s'inscrit dans le cadre du 10 ème Fonds Européen de Développement et grâce auquel 77 pays d'Afrique, des …
Brussels, 13 March 2009
This Friday 13 March the European Commission and the African, Caribbean and Pacific Countries (ACP) Group signed a cooperation agreement for a total of €2.7 billion.