Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Operational Plan for Rapid Response: Internal Displacement around Kamashi and Assosa (Benishangul Gumuz) and East and West Wollega (Oromia), 26 December 2018
- UNHCR Ethiopia Fact Sheet December 2018
- UNHCR Ethiopia - Operational Update (December 2018)
- The Agriculture Knowledge, Learning, Documentation and Policy Project: Five Year Final Report January 2014 - December 2018
- Self-help group leads to vision, opportunity in rural Ethiopia
Researchers collaborate with health officials to plan vaccination campaigns after discovering how to predict seasonal outbreaks.
Read the full report on the Guardian.
Cape Town - The annual report of the Africa Progress Report says that despite authoritarian and corrupt leaders, wars and coups, the overall trend in Africa is towards less conflict, more democracy and greater development.
Selected highlights from its 2009 report:
Progress in the areas of governance and education are mixed, with more democracy and access to education on the one hand, but coups d'etat and low school enrolment still …
The United Nations secretary general has appealed to donor countries to open their eyes -- and their coffers -- to Africa's suffering, writes Victorian Brittain
Jerome Hule, PANA Correspondent
NEW YORK, UN (PANA) - With its appeal to the international community in support of its humanitarian operations in Africa largely unheeded, the UN said Thursday that a desperate situation faced 12 million victims of war and natural disasters on the continent.
NAIROBI, Kenya (PANA) - The International Commitee of the Red Cross claims that international humanitarian law instruments in Africa are being ignored by countries which are signatory to the Geneva convention, hence aggravating large scale massacres on the continent.