Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- WFP Ethiopia: Food and Nutrition Assistance to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in East and West Hararghe zones - September 2018
SG/SM/10475, AFR/1387, OBV/560
AFR/1319 Following is the text of the message of UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan to the Summit meeting of the African Union in Khartoum delivered by Mohamed Mohamed Sahnoun, Special Adviser to the Secretary-General on Africa:
It gives me great pleasure to send my greetings to the Heads of State and Government gathered for this important Summit of the African Union.
I welcome the decision to make "education and culture" the theme of this Summit.
SG/SM/7485/Rev.1* - AFR/253/Rev.1*
Following is the text of Secretary-General Kofi Annan's address to the Annual Assembly of Heads of State and Government of the Organization of African Unity (OAU), in Lomé on 10 July:
Let me add my voice to all those that have thanked the people and Government of Togo for their generous hospitality.
The humanitarian community faces a major challenge today from the increase in the number of natural disasters, and by a recent upsurge in armed conflict, according to Secretary-General Kofi Annan in his 1999 report on the work of the Organization, which is being released today.
SG/SM/7005 - AFR/145 - 19990526
Following is the text of the message of Secretary-General Kofi Annan to the Organization of African Unity (OAU) "Africa Day" Conference, delivered on his behalf by Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs Kieran Prendergast in London on 26 May:
Following is the text of Secretary-General Kofi Annan's address to the Africa-France Summit in Paris on 27 November: