Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- UNICEF Horn of Africa Drought Situation as of September 2018
- Plight of refugees in Ethiopia brought to the fore in UNFPA leadership visit
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Refugee Girls Gain from Effort to Teach Life Skills
Security Council SC/7251
4445th Meeting (PM)
Item 127 of the provisional agenda*
Promotion and protection of the rights of children
Since July 1997, African Crisis Response
Initiative (ACRI) training has been conducted in Senegal, Uganda, Malawi,
Mali, Ghana, Benin, Cote d'Ivoire, and Kenya, a senior administration official
told the U.S. House of Representatives July 12.
William M. Bellamy, principal deputy assistant secretary of state for African affairs, provided an update on ACRI to the House International Relations Committee's Subcommittee on Africa.
Baltimore, June 20, 2001 - Today marks the official launch of Catholic Relief Services' Africa Rising! Hope and Healing, a two-year campaign to highlight Africa through public awareness and advocacy initiatives in the United States. The campaign seeks to bring attention to the critical issues Africa is currently facing and calls for solidarity and action through the mobilization of people in the U.S.
Brussels, 14-20 May 2001
This report includes:
(Bamako, Mali: 14 February 2001) The International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL) today called on all countries of Africa to join, implement and comply with the international treaty banning antipersonnel mines (the 1997 Mine Ban Treaty) at the opening of a two-day regional governmental meeting on landmines in Bamako, Mali.