Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia, WB Sign 100 Mln USD Loan Agreement
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 68 | 11 - 25 November 2018
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
The map below shows asylum applications by under age 18 year olds and gender. Darker colours mean more people have applied in a certain country. Use the slider to select a year or the drop down menus below to display data for different age groups or different home countries.
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
El estado de la inseguridad alimentaria en el mundo 2009 es el 10.=BA informe de situación de la FAO sobre el hambre en el mundo desde la Cumbre Mundial sobre la Alimentación (CMA) de 1996. En el informe se destaca el hecho de que, incluso antes de que se produjeran la crisis alimentaria y la crisis económica, el n=FAmero de personas que padecían hambre había aumentado lenta pero constantemente.
- World cereal production in 2008 is forecast to increase 4.9 percent to a record 2 232 million tonnes, considerably up from earlier predictions after better than expected results from the major harvests gathered in the past two months.
- Based on the latest production forecast, a significant improvement in the global supply and demand balance for cereals in the 2008/09 season can be expected.
Each week, the World Health Organization Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights on critical health-related activities in countries where there are humanitarian crises. Drawing on the various WHO programmes, contributions cover activities from field and country offices and the support provided by WHO regional offices and headquarters. The mandate of the WHO departments specifically concerned with Emergency and Humanitarian Action in Crises is to increase the effectiveness of the WHO contribution to crisis preparedness and response, transition and recovery.
(B) Middle East, Central Asia and Eastern Europe: (1) Afghanistan, (2) Iran
(C) East and Central Africa: (1) Burundi, (2) DR Congo, (3) Djibouti, (4) Eritrea, (5) Ethiopia, (6) Kenya, (7) Rwanda, (8) Somalia, (9) Sudan, (10) Tanzania, (11) Uganda
(D) West Africa: (1) Sahel region, (2) Chad, (3) Cote d'Ivoire, (4) Guinea, (5) Liberia, (6) Sierra Leone
(E) Southern Africa: (1) Regional, (2) Angola, (3) Lesotho, (4) Madagascar, (5) Malawi, (6) Mozambique, (7) Namibia, (8) Swaziland, (9) Zambia
(A) Middle East, Central Asia and Eastern Europe: 1) Iraq, 2) Afghanistan, 3) Albania, 4) Azerbaijan
(B) East and Central Africa: (1) Burundi, (2) DR Congo, (3) Djibouti, (4) Eritrea, (5) Ethiopia, (6) Kenya, (7) Rwanda, (8) Somalia, (9) Sudan, (10) Tanzania, (11) Uganda
(C) West Africa Region: (1) Sahel region (2) Chad, (3) Guinea Bissau, (4) Sierra Leone, (5) Guinea, (6) Liberia, (7) Cote D'Ivoire
(D) Southern Africa: (1) Regional, (2) Angola, (3) Lesotho, (4) Madagascar, (5) Malawi, (6) Mozambique, (7) Namibia, (8) Swaziland, (9) Zimbabwe
This report includes:
(A) Asia Region: (1) DPR of Korea
(B) East and Southern Africa Region: (1) Regional overview, (2) Lesotho, (3) Malawi, (4) Mozambique, (5) Zambia, (6) Zimbabwe, (7) Swaziland, (8) Ethiopia, (9) Sudan, (10) Uganda, (11) Burundi
(C) West Africa Region: (1) Sierra Leone (2) Guinea (3) Mauritania
(D) Central Africa Region: (1) Angola
(E) West and Central Asia Region: (1) Afghanistan, (2) Iran