Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Tigray Region, Round 14: November – December 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Somali Region, Round 14: November/December 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
- Operational Plan for Rapid Response: Internal Displacement around Kamashi and Assosa (Benishangul Gumuz) and East and West Wollega (Oromia), 26 December 2018
- Teaching science and hope in an Ethiopian refugee camp
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 14: November - December 2018
The rise in man-made, protracted emergencies means millions are at risk of starving around the globe this year
It’s a difficult new year for the humanitarian system and those reliant on it: a near-record number of people are in need and yet a yawning funding gap will limit what assistance can be provided.
Read more on IRIN.
Dear friends and colleagues,
IRIN is ending the year on a high.
Our climate change expert, Jaspreet Kindra, was invited to chair two separate panel discussions at COP 17 in Durban, and our PlusNews staffer, Keisha Rukikaire-Kagwa, was part of a satellite discussion on HIV in emergencies at the ICASA HIV/AIDS conference in Addis Ababa – great recognition of the quality of their work.
ADDIS ABABA, 4 April (IRIN) - The EU pledged 12 million Euros (US $12.9 million) on Thursday to back peace initiatives by the newly formed African Union (AU). The money will be used to boost attempts at conflict resolution in Africa.
NEW YORK, 7 November (IRIN) - Peter van Walsum is the Dutch ambassador to the United Nations. In an interview with IRIN he explained why the Netherlands wanted to draw attention to humanitarian issues during its presidency of the Security Council in November.
N A T I O N S U N I E S
Bureau de coordination des affaires humanitaires
I R I N pour l'Afrique de l'Ouest
Tel: + 225 21-73-54
Fax: + 225 21-63-35
Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
Integrated Regional Information Network for West Africa
Tel: +225 21 73 54
Fax: +225 21 63 35