Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- EU steps up support for Ethiopia: emergency aid for refugees, internally displaced people and to tackle natural disasters
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- ECHO Factsheet – Ethiopia – Last updated 17/12/2018
The quest of the last 15 years to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) taught us that Global Goals can motivate and help sustain leaps in human progress. It also taught us that the specifics matter. In some places, the MDGs became a widely-recognized, consistent and important driver of local progress; in others, the role and impact of the MDGs was more ambiguous. A lot depended on way the MDGs were implemented: if local change agents made them meaningful locally; if local leaders drew on their legitimacy and visibility; if they were employed to solve real-life problems etc.
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
La donación española de 29 millones de euros a Gavi Alliance contribuirá a acelerar las iniciativas en materia de vacunación en 72 de los países más pobres del mundo.
Esta mañana se han reunido en la sede de la AECID la Secretaria de Estado de Cooperación Internacional, Soraya Rodríguez y la Directora de la AECID, Elena Madrazo con el Secretario Ejecutivo de GAVI, Dr.
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.
The Global Appeal 2007
UNHCR's Global Appeal is published yearly to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee (ExCom) members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.
Power of humanity
I am honored to join you this morning at this very important event, in my capacity as President of the Security Council.
This report includes: (A) Latin America & Caribbean Region: (1) Honduras, (2) Nicaragua, (3) El Salvador, (4) Guatemala, (5) Ecuador, (6) Peru (B) Eastern Europe Region: (1) Balkans, (2) Russian Federation (C) East and Southern Africa Region: (1) Ethiopia, (2) Eritrea, (3) Burundi, (4) Kenya, (5) Tanzania (D) Central Africa Region: (1) Angola, (2) Democratic Republic of Congo, (3) Republic of Congo (E) West Africa Region: (1) Sierra Leone, (2) Guinea (F) West and Central Asia Region: (1) Afghanistan, (2) Tajikistan
This report includes: (A) Horn of Africa: (1) Somalia, (2) Ethiopia, (3) Eritrea, (4) Sudan (B) West and Central Asia: (1) Afghanistan, (2) Pakistan, (3) Tajikistan (C) Balkans Region: (1) Kosovo (2) Serbia (3) fYROM (4) Montenegro, ( 5) Albania (D) Great Lakes: (1) Democratic Republic of Congo, (2) Tanzania (E) West Africa: (1) Sierra Leone, (2) Guinea, (3) Liberia (F) Angola (G) DPR Korea (H) El Salvador From Francesco Strippoli, Senior Humanitarian Adviser; available on the Internet on the WFP Home Page (www.wfp.org), or by e-mail from …
AI Index: POL 10/005/2001
Publish date: 30/05/2001
This report includes: (A) Resource situation for EMOPS and PRROs (B) Caucasus: (1) Northern Caucasus, (2) Georgia (C) West and Central Asia: (1) Afghanistan, (2) Pakistan, (3) Tajikistan (D) Balkans: (1) Kosovo, (2) Serbia, (3) Montenegro, (4) FYRoM, (5) Albania (E) Southern Africa: (1) Angola, (2) Namibia (F) Horn of Africa: (1) Ethiopia, (2) Eritrea, (3) Kenya) (G) Great Lakes (1) Tanzania, (2) Burundi (H) West Africa Coastal: (1) Guinea, (2) Liberia (I) Latin America and Caribbean: (1) El Salvador, (2) Bolivia, (3) Peru
(A) Resource situation for EMOPS and PRROs