Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Helping Ethiopia Achieve Green Growth and Avoid Industrialised Nations’ Environmental Mistakes
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 65 | 01-14 October 2018
Italy has now overtaken Greece as the main point of entry for migrants trying to reach Europe, UNHCR figures show
By Gabriela Baczynska
BRUSSELS, Oct 12 (Reuters) - Migrants arriving by sea to Italy are now the main problem faced by the European Union in its efforts to stem mass immigration to the bloc, the head of the EU border agency said on Wednesday.
Italy has now overtaken Greece as the main point of entry for migrants trying to reach Europe, figures from the U.N. refugee agency (UNHCR) show.
MONROVIA, Feb 27 (Reuters) - A study in West Africa has revealed the widespread sexual exploitation of refugee children by aid workers and peacekeepers in exchange for supplies sent to save lives.
The scandal, details of which emerged on Tuesday, is the latest in a series involving sex and corruption to taint aid and peacekeeping operations on the world's poorest continent.
Below are some scandals in recent years:
February - United Nations says investigation reveals that some peacekeeping troops in Mozambique paid for sex with children.
February - Angola …