Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia-Kenya high-level cross-border Peace dialogue concludes with an action plan to address ongoing inter-communal conflict along common border
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
Message from our Regional Director
Despite numerous humanitarian challenges in 2017 in Africa, there were also a number of heart-warming accomplishments. A case in point, was when a local response of Red Crescent teams—and other partners—curbed Somalia's cholera outbreak through the power of local volunteers and shared international expertise. In terms of support to our members, 36 National Societies were able to kick start initiatives that built their capacity through seed grants.
While there is room for disagreement about migration policy, the humanitarian imperative means that we must never needlessly sacrifice the survival and dignity of any vulnerable people, including migrants.
This report covers the period: 1 January 2014 to 31 December 2014
Red Cross Staff receive confirmed Ebola patients at the then new Ebola treatment Centre in Kenema, Sierra Leone in September. More than 25,000 cases have been registered and more than 10,000 deaths in the worst Ebola epidemic the world has seen. National Societies continue to be on the forfront of the reponse and the IFRC, and its Secretariat have worked together to support them.
This report covers the period 1 January to 30 June 2009
Programme purpose: In support of Global Agenda Goal 2, and Millennium Development Goal 4, liaise with global immunization partners to ensure the continued involvement of the International Federation and Red Cross Red Crescent National Societies in measles and polio supplementary immunization activities (SIAs) to increase uptake of services during both mass vaccination campaigns and routine immunization services and reduce global measles and polio-related morbidity and mortality.
- During the …
Period covered by this Ops Update: 15 May to 03 August, 2009
Appeal target (current): CHF 2,475,768 (USD 2.2m or EUR 1.7)
Appeal coverage: 56%
- This Emergency Appeal was initially launched on 7 April 2009 to assist approximately 25 million children under 5 years of age in 14 countries affected by the polio outbreak for four months.
- Operations Update (no.
Focus on the campaign in Togo
Period covered by this Ops Update no.
Period covered by this Ops Update: 7 April 14 May, 2009
Appeal target (current): this appeal has been provisionally increased to CHF 2,520,794 (USD 2.3m or EUR 1.7)
Appeal coverage: 24.6% (indicative) against the provisional revised budget figure of CHF 2.5m; the final revised budgets and updated financial report will be made available shortly;
- This Emergency Appeal was initially launched on 7 April 2009 to assist approximately 25 million children under 5 years of age in 14 countries affected by the polio outbreak for four months;
- This Operations Update …
This appeal seeks a total of CHF 19,494,438 to fund programmes and activities to be implemented in 2007.
This appeal seeks a total of CHF 3,011,000(1) to fund programmes and activities to be implemented in 2006 and 2007.
This appeal seeks a total of CHF 34,095,0001 to fund programmes and activities to be implemented in 2006 and 2007.
The Federation's mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity. It is the world's largest humanitarian organization and its millions of volunteers are active in 178 countries. For more information: www.ifrc.org
From Federation News 03/02
Power of humanity
When all eyes are focussed elsewhere, the world needs to be reminded of the great humanitarian needs on the African continent, says Dr. Astrid Heiberg, the President of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
This Programme Update is intended for reporting on Annual Appeals.
Period covered: January - March, 2001.
Appeal Target CHF 10,000,000
"At a Glance"
Related Appeals: N/A
Outstanding needs: CHF 6,656,518