Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- UNHCR Ethiopia Fact Sheet September 2018
Vienna, Austria, April 24, 2017. The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) has signed loan agreements totaling US$111m with partner countries Bolivia, Ethiopia and Guinea on the sidelines of the World Bank Spring Meetings held April 21-23 in Washington, DC. The agreements were signed by OFID Director-General Suleiman J Al-Herbish and ministers from the beneficiary countries.
World cereal production in 2007 is forecast by FAO to increase some 4 percent to a record 2 082 million tonnes. The bulk of the increase is expected in maize, with a bumper crop already being gathered in South America, and a sharp increase in plantings expected in the United States. A significant rise in wheat output is also foreseen, with a recovery in some major exporting countries' crops after weather problems last year.
Another good cereal crop likely in 2007 in the group of Low-Income Food-Deficit countries (LIFDCs).
This week's report covers the following sectors: Agriculture, Coordination and Support Services, Education, Food, Health, Protection / Human Rights / Rule of Law, Security, Shelter and Non-food Items, Water & Sanitation
This week's report covers the following sectors: Agriculture, Coordination and Support Services, Food, Health, Protection / Human Rights / Rule of Law, Refugees and IDPs, Security, Shelter and Non-food Items, Water & Sanitation
This Programme Update is intended for reporting on Annual Appeals.
Period covered: January - March, 2001.
Appeal Target CHF 10,000,000
"At a Glance"
Related Appeals: N/A
Outstanding needs: CHF 6,656,518